Beacon Navigator Palliative Care Services provide solutions and alternatives to support advanced illness. Our program provides expert clinicians who address the issues for patients, families and payers to insure appropriate quality of care while managing advanced illness. The Navigator Medical Director and team of Advanced Practice Nurses assist those seeking pain and symptom management while promoting quality of life.
Benefits of palliative care
- Pain and symptom management, including side effects from cancer treatment, respiratory illness, Alzheimer's, Dementia, end-stage renal disease and ALS
- Advanced illness management
- Assistance with goals of care, outcomes and Advanced Directives
- Support and hope for patients and families
- Decreased hospital visits
- Functional improvement
Staff Benefits of palliative care
- Offers expertise in difficult situations, such as pain and symptom management
- Assists with difficult communication and decision making (Advance Care Planning, Disease Management)
- Helps with emotional and spiritual issues
- Improves staff morale with successful interventions for challenging patients
Expectations of palliative care
- Relief of distressing symptoms
- Better understanding of disease process and choices of treatment
- Improved quality of life
- Realistic goal setting
- Improved functionality
- Excellent symptom management
How to access Beacon Navigator Services
To access a Beacon Navigator Palliative Care Service consultation, obtain an order from the patient's primary care or specialty physician. To request a consultation, call: 877-242-8394
Services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and private insurances.
Beacon Hospice Care is available in MA, CT, RI, NH, ME.