Hyder Family Hospice Home
Welcome to the Hyder Family Hospice House
When faced with a serious illness, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. You’re likely to have questions, fears and concerns, and it can be difficult to know where to turn. Whether you’re the patient, caregiver, or a concerned loved one, you want to find resources, options, and support. It’s important to know that you’re not alone, and that we’re here to help.
Most people with a life-limiting illness prefer to remain at home. We recognize and appreciate that preference, however we also recognize that staying at home is not always possible – especially if the progression of disease causes complications that become difficult to manage in the home. That’s why, with help from the greater community, the Hyder Family Hospice House opened in 2007.
“Although words cannot express it, I tell everyone how easier my dad’s passing on to his journey was for me. My mom’s transition to her new life without dad has been softened by your care and a beautiful surrounding.”
~Hospice Family Member
About the Hyder Family Hospice House
Located in Dover, New Hampshire, the Hyder Family Hospice House serves as the region’s first inpatient hospice residence. The Hyder Family Hospice House is operated by Beacon Hospice, an Amedisys company, which was established in 1995 to care for the needs of terminally ill patients and their families. Here at the Hyder Family Hospice House, you and your loved ones can expect to find comfort, around-the-clock nursing care, emotional and spiritual support, as well as peace of mind that you and your family are in good hands.
At the Hyder Family Hospice House, You Can Expect…
- A warm, home-like environment with private rooms and dedicated gathering areas for families.
- Coordination between your personal physician and our hospice medical director (hospice physician), who will oversee the plan of care.
- Hospice specialists, including registered nurses and hospice aides, who are on-site 24 hours a day to manage pain and physical symptoms.
- Provision of medications, medical supplies, and equipment.
- Social workers and spiritual care coordinators who care for the emotional and spiritual needs of both the patient and family.
- Ongoing grief counseling and bereavement support for at least 13 months following the loss of a loved one.
- An environment that welcomes visitors 24 hours a day.
Your Home Away From Home
At the Hyder Family Hospice House, we take great pride in providing you and your loved ones with a comfortable and nurturing home-like environment. Some of our amenities include:
- 14 comfortably appointed private rooms that feature a private bathroom, television, telephone, and a sofa and/or chair that converts into a bed for overnight family visits.
- Two family rooms that are available for around-the-clock visitation by family and friends.
- A living room/dining room, meditation room/chapel, meeting room, and family and visitor sitting areas.
- A full kitchen, where nutritious meals and snacks are prepared daily for patients, and where loved ones can enjoy snacks and beverages.
- A serene garden and multiple three-season porches for spending time outdoors.
- A designated children’s area with a TV, toys, and games for a range of ages.
- Wireless Internet access throughout the house.
To make your stay here at the Hyder Family Hospice House as comfortable as possible, we encourage patients to bring their personal items, such as photographs, pillows, CD players, quilts, and clothing along with them. And, with staff coordination, we welcome pets for supervised visits.
Coming Home to the Hyder Family Hospice House
Our hospice services are available after a hospitalization, when the care needed exceeds other discharge planning options. You and your loved ones might consider a stay at the Hyder Family Hospice House, in Dover, N.H., if:
- Pain or symptoms cannot be controlled effectively at home. Sometimes, a patient requires specialized pain control and short-term symptom management. Our 24-hour nursing and support staff are specially trained to meet the individual needs of each patient.
- Specialized wound management is needed.
- Assistance with transition from the hospital to home, or to a long-term-care setting is needed
The Referral Process
Anyone can refer a patient to the Hyder Family Hospice House. And, physicians are welcome to follow their patients after a referral. To make a referral, call 1-800-HOSPICE (467-7423). We can answer your
questions and make arrangements for a hospice nurse specialist to visit and assess the patient’s needs.
The Hyder Family Hospice House accepts Medicare, many private insurance plans, New Hampshire Medicaid, and other state insurance programs. In many cases, your stay at our hospice house will be 100% covered with no out-of-pocket costs for you or your family. To learn more about your individual insurance coverage, call us at 1-800-HOSPICE (467-7423).
An assessment of each patient determines if inpatient hospice care is the best option for your care. And, the Beacon Hospice care team, along with doctors and nurses currently involved in the patient’s care, will determine if the Hyder Family Hospice House is the right place for you and your family. Patients may be admitted for a short stay in order to receive pain and symptom management and intensive palliative care before returning to their home.
Hyder Family Hospice House
285 County Farm Road
Dover, NH 03820
For referrals, please call: